JJM Construction is involved in all aspects of construction such as heavy civil, structural, marine construction and environmental and navigational dredging. JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
Position: Project Scheduler
Competition No: 2015-060
Location: Delta BC
The Project Scheduler is responsible for providing on-site and office construction planning, resource optimization and scheduling leadership for multiple activities in different disciplines while maintaining schedules for several projects simultaneously. This position is an integral part of the project team accountable for the planning and scheduling at all project stages from estimating through completion, and will facilitate weekly interactive planning and schedule updates to collaborate with the estimators, field staff, project managers and field engineers on the development, optimization, updating, and execution of critical path schedules while maintaining quality assurance and control on assigned project schedules.
The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the essential functions, while providing the highest quality construction services and products safely, effectively and efficiently to ensure JJM Construction’s principle of “Building to Last” endures for future generations.
Operational Performance and Best Practices:
· Work closely with the lead estimator of each proposal during the bidding/ estimating phase of each major construction project to develop detailed and optimized construction plans and schedules with estimators and construction management, assembling data from a variety of sources including the client, architectural/engineering firms, equipment suppliers, sub-contractors and commissioning teams.
· Work with estimators and construction management to level, optimize and forecast labour, equipment, and material inputs for individual projects, and aggregate companywide for planning purposes.
· Deliver consistent, realistic and properly sequenced plans and control structures for each project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project and their interface to other projects.
· Develop the activities, logic, resource loading and progress to provide a fully integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
· Develop the schedule basis to document how the project plan was developed.
· Liaise with and challenge estimating and construction management personnel to ensure a proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
· Manage schedule monthly update cycle to ensure all construction schedules are progressed promptly according to the project guidelines including progress tracking of value of work done.
· Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
· Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
· Facilitate weekly interactive scheduling meetings by creating a culture of accountability, trust and performance. Ask questions and challenge the execution of the project schedule. Ensure that the schedule can be used as an effective management tool by the rest of the JJM team and assist management in the oversight of schedule compliance, resource planning, monitoring critical path activities, and communicating schedule requirements to the project team and other stakeholders.
· Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the deterministic/ probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
· Conduct field walks to understand project scope and execution.
JJM is committed to providing every project with a highly skilled work force, a highly respected management team, highly developed quality control and safety programs and a commitment to growth, stability, quality and performance to get the job done right.
· Post-Secondary Construction Engineering or Management degree or Technical Diploma. Similar construction scheduling experience or equivalent combinations of training and related experience is preferred.
· Minimum one to three (1 – 3) years’ experience in project scheduling/ planning is required.
· Extensive knowledge of and ability to select/ apply resource monitoring and control techniques such as CPM networks scheduling, computer scheduling techniques, as well as an understanding of the nature of process systems, structures and construction technology required.
· Highly proficient in using CPM Scheduling Software and techniques, particularly Primavera P6, Heavy Bid, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and proprietary software. AutoCAD and 3D Modeling experience would be an asset.
· Must be legally eligible to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen or valid Permanent Resident).
· Able to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on the project assigned and work overtime (if warranted).
· Able to travel and work out of town to meet the demands of the project.
· Able to perform physical work and capable of walking or hiking over rugged terrain on occasion to assess site conditions.
· Must possess a valid driver’s licence and have a clean driving record.
If you are a motivated individual with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, commitment to safety and quality, enjoy working in a team environment and have a passion for our industry, please send your resume via email or by fax to 604-946-9327, quoting the Competition No. and be a part of this unique opportunity to participate in building British Columbia's infrastructure.
JJM Construction thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum one to three (1 – 3) years’ experience in project scheduling/ planning is required: 3 years
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to JJM Construction Ltd.